Oakland International Roller Canary Club Constitution
Table Of Contents
Proposed Constitution and By-Laws:
The name of this club shall be: The Oakland International Roller Canary Club.
The objectives of this club shall be as follows:
- To advocate the development and advancement of the Roller Canary.
- To exert its best efforts to create a better understanding of
and demand for the roller canary.
- To encourage members in scientific breeding.
- To, if possible, hold a show or song contest annually, at which
birds raised and/or owned by club members and non-members, can be
adjudicated upon and scored by an official Judge. Approved 100
point song standard shall be used.
- To promote the welfare and prosperity of the club.
- Any person shall be eligible for membership who shall have paid the club
dues as provided in Article 6 herein. Election to
membership shall be accordance with Article 8 of this
Constitution. Voting upon application shall take place at the regular meeting
at which submitted unless a majority of the club members present decide to
defer action until the following meeting.
- Any person desiring to join the club shall make written application
on the club's approved application form, which shall be signed by at
least one (1) member sponsoring his or her application.
- There shall be no initiation fee.
- The annual dues for a full member shall be twenty-five dollars ($25)
payable in advance. The spouse and/or children of above member
are considered Associate members, i.e. full non-voting members.
They shall enjoy all benefits and privileges of membership
except voting. Should any other member of the above household
wish full voting membership he or she may do so by applying in
the normal way and paying same dues. If the spouse of member is
elected to an office, then he or she is considered a full voting
member with no further obligation for dues.
- Any member in default of payment of dues for ninety (90) days
shall be notified by the Secretary. If after an additional sixty
(60) days in arrears dues are not paid, the member shall be
automatically dropped from the club rolls.
- Membership shall be for one (1) calendar year, beginning January
first of that year.
- Membership is forfeited when a member cannot work in harmony, if
found guilty of causing trouble between members, dishonorable
conduct, or correspondence against the club, misrepresentation
regarding bird's breeding, damaging statements regarding a member
of his birds which cannot be proven; or five (5) months in arrears
of dues as per Article 6.
- Full members shall have one vote each. Voting shall be by ballot,
show of hands, or any other legitimate method agreed upon in open
meeting, except as to the election of Officers which shall be by
secret ballot. A majority shall govern in elections and resolutions
of any nature except as to election to membership. For election to membership
a three-fourths (3/4) majority favorable vote shall be
necessary. The President shall order a secret ballot upon any matter
of importance if requested to do so by a member or members of the
club. All voting shall be conducted at a regular or special call,
meeting and participated in by those members in good standing present.
- All officers shall be chosen from members in good standing of
- The officers of this club shall be: President; 1st Vice President;
2nd Vice President; Secretary; Treasurer; Show Manager; and
Assistant Show Manager. These Officers shall be elected at the
regular meeting held in February, and shall be eligible for re-
election if remaining qualified in accordance with Article 3
and the first paragraph of this Article.
- Nomination of Officers shall be made at the regular meeting in January.
- If a vacancy occurs in the office of 2nd Vice President, Secretary,
Treasurer, Show Manager or Assistant Show Manager the vacancy shall
be filled by election at the first regular meeting after the
vacancy becomes known.
- Before a members name is placed in nomination for office it shall
first be determined if that member is willing to accept that office.
- A term of office for Officers, Committees and Appointees shall be for
a minimum of two (2) consecutive years.
- The PRESIDENT shall preside over all meetings and generally supervise
the club's affairs. He shall appoint all outstanding committees together
with their respective chairmen except the Executive Committee, and
- The VICE-PRESIDENT shall preside over all meetings and have charge of
the affairs of the club in the absence of the president.
- The SECRETARY shall write and keep the minutes and make a faithful record of the club proceedings. Attend to all correspondence of the
club and notify prospective members of their acceptance or rejection
to membership in the club. Notify the club when any member becomes delinquent, and notify said member of such
delinquency. Collect all
dues and other monies for the club and keep a strict record, turning
such monies over to the Treasurer, obtaining a receipt, and do other
such duties as are consistent with the office.
- The TREASURER shall receive the club monies from the Secretary, giving
a receipt and keeping a strict record and deposit such monies in a
bank approved by the club. Pay all bills after approval at the regular
meeting. Checks to be signed by the Treasurer and President or
Secretary. In the event the Treasurer for any reason is unable to
function the President and Secretary shall sign checks to pay club's
outstanding obligations. Present a report at each monthly meeting
showing the financial condition of the club for the preceding month.
As soon as possible after termination of the fiscal year present an
audited balance sheet.
- The EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE shall consist of the club elected officers,
namely; President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Secretary,
Treasurer, Show Manager, and Assistant Show Manager. This committee
shall be convened on the call of the chairman to transact such
business requiring attention during the club's recess, or to discuss,
consider and deal with matters of unusual importance, which may arise
and require immediate attention between regular meetings. A report of
the Committees deliberations and conduct of business shall be
presented to the club at the next regular meeting.
- The SHOW COMMITTEE shall consist of the Show Manager, Assistant Show
Manager, as elected and additional members as appointed by the Show
manager, including the Show Secretary, Steward or Stewardess, Trophy
Committee and such other sub-committees as necessary to make
arrangements for and stage the Annual Song Contest. It shall be the
duty of the Show Committee to perform any and all acts incident to
staging the Annual Song Contest, except selecting the Judge and
compiling the Show Rules.
- The AUDITING COMMITTEE shall consist of the 2nd Vice President as
chairman with two (2) additional members appointed by the President,
shall serve for the year of their appointment; shall see that the
club's accounts are properly kept and closed for the fiscal year
ending January 31st, and that a statement of receipts and expenditures
is prepared by the Treasurer, which statement the Committee shall
audit and report upon not later than the regular meeting in February.
In lieu of the Auditing Committee, or in event it does not function,
the President may appoint a professional Accountant to examine and
report upon the club's financial status.
- Other committees may be appointed by the President as the need arises.
- The order of business shall be as follows:
a. Roll-Call of Officers
b. Reading of Minutes
c. Communications, Bills, and Notices
d. Application for membership
e. Balloting on Application of Membership
f. Payment of Dues
g. Report of Treasurer
h. report of Committees
i. Unfinished Business
j. new Business
k. Open Discussions, etc.
- Any proposed supplements, changes or amendments to this Constitution
shall be in writing and signed by at least three (3) members in good
standing and read out loud by the Secretary at a regular meeting, at
least thirty (30) days before they shall be voted upon by the members
present at a regular meeting and must carry by a two-thirds (2/3)
- There shall be a quorum of at least five (5) members present at a
meeting in order to conduct business.
- This club shall not be dissolved as long as five (5) active members
ROBERTS RULES OF ORDER SHALL GOVERN ALL ACTIVITIES OF THIS CLUB NOT IN
CONFLICT WITH THIS CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS.
- All birds entered in team classes are automatically judged in single
classes. Birds not in team classes are limited to one class. All birds
entered must be B.R.T.E.. by exhibitor except in classes 11 and 12.
- Any team of four birds must be benched together as entered by exhibitor,
and under no circumstances be split while being judged. The judges
decisions shall be final.
- Leave no identification marks on either bird or cage. All birds will be
given the best of care, but are accepted only at the owner's risk.
- No birds shall be removed from the show room without the consent of the
- Standard open cages with proper closed cabinet will be accepted. Food
and water cups must be clear glass.
- In awarding prizes in cases of ties in total, the G.E. takes first
preference. In case of ties in G.E. the first three tours the bird sings
are to be added together, in case of still no decision, then the next
two tours the bird sings shall be added together, if no decision, then
the bird that drops a point on the first tours starting at Hollow Roll
is to be the loser. The number of tours the bird sings is not to be taken
into account. Ties must be settled before the scores are posted. In case
of still ties the birds in question are to be returned to the judging
room. There the judge will decide. All decisions of the judge shall be
final, and in no case the score of a bird be changed after the bird has
left the judging room.
- No person unless officially employed, or a breeder-exhibitor, will be
admitted into the judges room during Open judging unless approved by
- The judge must not stay at the home or visit the aviary of any member of
the local club 60 days prior to or during the judging, and shall not
judge any individual's birds not exhibited in the show during his
engagement by the club.
- ALL CLOSE BANDS of ACCEPTED clubs and associations eligible.
- One hundred Point Song Standard will govern contest.
- In the event of a Master Breeder, Champion, Amateur and Novice living
at the same house, they must exhibit in the highest class. All birds
raised by either in partnership must be exhibited in the section of
the partner having the highest standing.
- The show committee reserves the right to reject any entries, and refund
fees paid without assigning reason for any dispute that may arise.
- All fees, transportation charges or insurance shall be paid by the
owner of the bird or birds.
- At least One bird in classes 9 and 10 must be an Old bird.
- At least One bird in classes 11 and 12 must be purchased.
- Tour Specials awarded on single bird, B.R.T.E. to be picked by judge.
The above winnings must be by young birds and in open competition. In
whatever class the breeder starts the year, he remains in that class
during show season. Any exhibitor failing to classify himself in the
correct class will be placed in the class decided upon by the show
committee. A team of birds failing to perform will be given a second
- Novice Class: One who has never won first place, single or team open class.
- Amateur Class: One who has won one first place in Novice Class.
- Champion Class: One who has won two first places in Amateur Class of
two different shows, or two different years.
- Master Breeder Class: One who has won three first in Champion Class
on a Young Bird.
- Class 11 thru 12 not eligible to win Special awards.
Last modified: January 26, 2010
Comments? Please e-mail to: email@example.com
Return to OIRCC